Friday, 17 January 2014

Ninja-Girl Promo


My cohort is doing a "Gotcha" fundraiser for our internships this summer. Gotcha is a game where students spend several days essentially try to hunt down a target on campus and to shoot them with an elastic band without getting shot themselves. People literally hide in closets. The team organizing the game recruited me to help with this promotional video.

As I was leaving my dorm, I announced that I was going to "go film something." My quaddies misheard it as "I'm going to go kill something."

"What?!" they yelped back.

"Yeah," I confirmed. "I don't know how quite we're going to do it."

So we filmed the first part. During the costume change, when I was in the washroom tying my scarf around my face, a woman walked in. Initially she was silent, but eventually she exclaimed, "Well, I was going to say something about being a ninja, but then I thought, 'Maybe there is a Muslim woman around here!'... but now I see the Nerf gun."

Please note: I almost convinced our notorious philosophy professor to join us for one scene, but he had to be somewhere on time for a meeting. 

When we were done filming, I returned to my dorm still dressed as a ninja. I mean, I had said earlier that I was going to go kill something, right? Seemed an appropriate way to arrive home, even if there was no blood.

Credits:
Camerawork: Meeka
Editing: Chuck
Actors: Chuck, Amy, Carla
Extras: Meeka, random people walking by

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you." Joseph Heller, Catch-22

1 comment:

Art said...

You're in the movies! Ninja girl! It looks like it was fun making the video. I am sure the video was well received and you were nominated for an Oscar.