Thursday, 27 June 2013

Paint Face!!

Or, My Name is Smudge
Or, So Glad I Had Goggles On

I got a job painting houses this summer. We can't really work in the rain. My boss recently remarked, "You picked one heck of a year to paint." Well, he didn't say "heck", but you get the idea.

Today, for once, I was actually making good time on a house... until the spraying machine went kaBLAM and blasted big blobs of gooey paint all over the neighbouring house. And also onto my goggles and my face and my hair.
Well, the paint on my hat is actually a happy face, painted well before today's minor catastrophe. But you can see my nose and my cheek and my neck.... You can't really see my other cheek or the paint on my lips.

As for the consequences, well, it wasn't on my bucket list to scrub the side of a house with a toothbrush, but now that I've done it, I highly recommend it.

"My painting carries with it the message of pain." Frida Kahlo

2 comments:

Mom said...

Great quote, Carla!

Art said...

You're a painter girl. Maybe that should have been your Chinese name. I hope you threw out the toothbrush when you were done with it.