Friday, 26 October 2012

Practicum

This is a picture of me and two of the immigrants I helped teach English to this week. The smiling one wrote us a really nice letter thanking us for teaching them the words "brew coffee" and "sneeze" and also thanking our parents for "gave good direction about your life ladies." That is, "for helping the people that doesn't have education." The other one is a seventy-three year old refugee from one of the "bad" countries of the world. He barely survived the place, and could reasonably be quite bitter about it. Instead, he goes to school and photobombs people's pictures.
It was a good week.

"What is happiness and unhappiness? It depends so little on the circumstances; it depends really only on that which happens inside a person. I am grateful every day that I have you, and that makes me happy." Dietrich Bonhoeffer

4 comments:

Art said...

I am glad you had a good week. It was nice to see you around. I think I like it when pictures are photo bombed. It makes them so much more interesting.

Anonymous said...

It was good to see you last week-end. I am glad you had a good week and if we do not see you this week-end, have a great trip back. Looking forward to seeing you again at Christmas!
Linda Rayner

Mom :) said...

It was sooooooooooo good having you home this week! :)

Mom said...

I have come to realize that I, too, love photobombers. :)