Friday, 24 June 2011

Summer Leave

Today I head out to Saskatchewan for 2 whole months of wrangling cabins full of hyperactive, homesick kids. Yes, I am headed to camp. Already, my brain is leaking out my nose thanks to allergies and a bad cold. Here's hoping my sanity doesn't leave with it as the summer progresses.

How many minimum wage job contracts have you willingly signed which say, "I understand that I will be required to work overtime and weekends without pay." Perhaps my sanity is already gone. At any rate, due to the time commitment and the lack of computers, it's unlikely that I will be posting over the summer, with the possible exception of once or twice in July.

I'll see you on the flip side (assuming I survive).

“It is a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to. “ J. R. R. Tolkien

3 comments:

Art said...

I miss you already even though I am still looking at you. I am sure you will have fun. drive safe to the camp. Watch for ticks too. Remember to email or text.

Bri said...

Pfft... you'll have a way more fun and meaningful summer than those raking in the dough. Miss you though! And love you!

Mom said...

It's not the same here without you!