Tuesday, 1 February 2011

I Can See Clearly Now

New glasses! Yay!

And it's high time. I've had my old frames since I was fourteen, and the prescription had missed an update. This was ok, because I wore my contacts almost exclusively for about seven years, but since the contacts started bugging me, I've been forced to rely on glasses once again (at least until my optometrist says contacts are an option).

Needless to say, I am excited to finally have glasses that look good - and not to mention to be able to SEE again! Thanks Brianna and Rachel for helping me pick them out!

It may be a little self-indulgent to post pictures, but I'm just that excited, and anyway the messy hair counteracts whatever ego boost I get from posting pictures of myself. Compare:

New pair #1: The angle of my head in this picture doesn't quite model the frames perfectly, but I love them. They're black, with a cool white/black stringy pattern on the ear pieces.

New pair #2: These are actually green. They're a little less "formal" than the other new ones - a little funkier. Love these ones, too!

Old pair #1: These are what I'd been wearing for the past two months (or seven years). A kid from church described them as "Arthur" glasses, as in Arthur Read the cartoon aardvark. What do you think?

Old pair #2: Okay, so I haven't actually worn these since I was as kid, but you can see why... Especially given that these ones are bifocals. And half an inch thick.

"I had some eyeglasses. I was walking down the street when suddenly the prescription ran out." Steven Wright

“The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision.” Helen Keller

2 comments:

art said...

You look good in all four pictures.

Lisa Godson said...

You look good in all the glasses but the first pair are probs my favourite. Do you know what your prescription is?