Wednesday, 16 February 2011

Fantasy Cartography

This is a map of the Fire Emblem world:


Yes, I had to take a few liberties with it, such as adding on to the Nabata desert, and flipping Akaneia on its side so that it can hook up with Sacae, but really... how else was I supposed to make all the continents fit together nicely? Both Ilia and Silesia are up north, where it's really cold, but the deserts are in random places. I don't think there's an equator line anywhere, but then, nobody's ever made the claim that the Fire Emblem world is round, have they?

Given that only three of the six continents are canonically even in the same world, I think this isn't too bad. I'm surprised there aren't more FE world maps online. Am I really the first to make one?

If I were to do it over, I wouldn't have made the water such a dark blue. Oh, and PS - does anyone have any ideas for what to name the island in the SE that I randomly drew in? "Carla's Island" doesn't quite cut it, and "Carlaville" doesn't sound very Fire Emblem worldish.

Cheers.

Speaking of maps: "We're all pilgrims on the same journey - but some pilgrims have better road maps." Nelson DeMille

3 comments:

CavDawg said...

This is really impressive. Well done.

art said...

Is this near middle earth?

Anonymous said...

How about the wolf kingdom Hatari past death's dessert in Radiant dawn?