Thursday, 1 April 2010

The Wanderer Goes South

As of yesterday, I am of legal Las Vegas gambling age. Now, I have had several people ask me what I plan to do with the money I have saved up for the past year or so if I'm not going to spend it on fast food and clothes like most of the population.

The answer is cleverly hidden in the first sentence of this post. I have one more essay to write for school, a round of finals, and then it's OFF TO VEGAS, BABY! Anyone want to come with? I figure a five day stint should be enough to thoroughly exhaust my life's savings or shoot me into the world of the wealthy, depending on how it goes. Gamble all day, party all night. Sleep is for wusses. I plan to get a tattoo to commemorate the occasion - one of my first forays into the glitzy world of adults. I'm thinking a sleeve of flowers with a "Las Vegas 2010" in elegant cursive down my left arm would be cool (I'm too chicken to possibly gimp up my dominant right arm), but that's pretty expensive so we'll see how rich I get. Plus I'll need something to bite on because my pain tolerance level isn't sky high.

If things go well enough, I might just stay down there all summer. I hear there are a lot of job opportunities. Anyway, I'm super stoked. Can't wait for the end of the semester. Given that it's April 1st today, I have only 28 more days to count down...

“The policy of being too cautious is the greatest risk of all.” Jawaharlal Nehru

4 comments:

Rebecca Curtis said...

Hi I am from Provo Utah and I just got back from Vegas!!! so much fun!

Sandra said...

What kind of fool do you think I am, Carla? :)
Happy April 1st!
Love,
Mom

Emily said...

Hahaha, I thought you were serious for about 5 seconds there. It would be hilarious to see you in Vegas =P

Art said...

Gamble all day and party all night? And this is different from the way you normally operate how exactly?