Wednesday, 4 November 2009

Victory

It's worth a passing mention that today is the court date for the students who were charged with "trespassing" on campus while they ran the pro-life display these past three semesters. Yet they are not at court today, because it was announced just a couple days ago that the crown dropped all charges against the students due to "insufficient evidence".

Haha! At least someone has some sense, though the university is bummed. I am feeling quite smug, even if I had nothing to do with the outcome. Yay free speech!

On a completely unrelated note, I had the misfortune to witness a couple of senior citizens making out on the C-train today. I am thoroughly disgusted and slightly disturbed.

“We tend to idealize tolerance, then wonder why we find ourselves infested with losers and nut cases.” Patrick Nielsen

3 comments:

Brianna said...

Whoa! You've been updating your blog at lightning speed! Keep it up. I think I've talked to you in person about most of them already... not the senior citizens making out thing. It's nice they're still in love at this point and it's cute when I see old people holding hands... but seeing people making out on a ctrain is undesirable regardless of age.

Carla said...

They didn't have rings and left separately, which leaves me unconvinced that they were a happily married couple with a long history together.

art said...

I once walked outside in public with Sandra and was holding hand. Is that okay?