Thursday, 1 October 2009

Gauntlet Publication

Yeah yeah yeah! Woo! *pumps fist*

I was published in the U of C's weekly paper, the Gauntlet. If you are a person who does not happen to be around the U of C much, you can click this link to my article.

Oh! And I finally finished reading Dietrich Bonhoeffer's Letters and Papers from Prison. I hope to write a few posts on some of his thoughts, but I'll save that for another day. I have to be awake far too early tomorrow to attempt anything tonight.

I shall, however, leave you the final words of the book, which were part of Bonhoeffer's last letter to his fiancée before he was executed. It is probably my favourite quote from the whole thing.

"You must not think that I am unhappy. What is happiness and unhappiness? It depends so little on the circumstances; it depends really only on that which happens inside a person. I am grateful every day that I have you, and that makes me happy." Dietrich Bonhoeffer

P.S. Happy late birthday, Mom!

3 comments:

Rebecca Curtis said...

I have been following your blog since the discussion on religion and I have to say after having read your article that you published I am so impressed! I loved your closing paragraph, Go Canada.

art said...

I liked your article. Maybe your hobby will be being a political activist. Do you suppose Jack Layton eats at Tim's?

Bri said...

Good job with the article. It's almost hard to tell whether you were supporting Harper or not but I'm concluding you support him while not being all "YAY!" about what he did either.

Bonhoeffer seems like a cool guy.