Thursday, 6 August 2009

Weighty Issue

You know, every time I go on Facebook there is a new ad on the sidebar telling me that I can lose X amount of stomach fat in Y number of days by obeying just one secret rule (or sometimes two - and sometimes the ad can't agree with itself on whether it's one or two).

I'm getting depressed. I didn't think I had to lose any stomach fat, but these messages are so consistent that I'm beginning to think someone is trying to tell me something.

Sigh. Maybe I'd click on an ad that promised to tell me how to get rid of X number of spam ads in Y number of days.

And because "stomach fat" reminds me of bronze Buddha statues:

(from Police Squad)
Priest: What do you know of life after death?
Johnny: I wouldn't know anything.
Priest: (hands Johnny money)
Johnny: Are you talking existential being or anthropomorphic deity?

1 comment:

Art said...

I wonder if the secret is really a secret? Do they make you sign a confidentiality agreement before they reveal the secret? If they don't, what prevents one from sharing the secret for free?

I like Johnny's answers too.