Thursday, 9 April 2009

Happy Day

Today is a happy day. The weather is beautiful, and school went right.

I've been noticing how things smell, recently. It seems unlikely that things are emitting more scent than they usually do, but I've only just started noticing it. I'd say it has something to do with spring, but I haven't noticed it this keenly in the two decades gone by (tells you something about my observancy skills).

And the world smells beautiful! Perhaps the guys-with-cologne-thing is just a fad (I hope not), but that's not all that makes me hum happily. Half the time I'm not even sure what I'm smelling, just that it's fresh and pleasant. Skin lotions, roasting food, that general "spring" smell, even gas around idling vehicles. And they seem to be mostly smells that remind me fondly of places I've been and people I've met.

...And then I walk into my bedroom. I should really clean that place so it smells half decent inside of there, too.

And speaking of noses, I don't know what "interminous" means, but this sounds a lot like what people say about me:

There's a man with a Nose,
And wherever he goes
The people run from him and shout:
"No cotton have we
For our ears if so be
He blow that interminous snout!"

-
Devil's Dictionary (Ambrose Bierce)

P.S. My group totally rocked our genetic engineering presentation!

1 comment:

art said...

I agree you should clean up your room. :) Spring is a good time of year. If we had summer year around, we would not appreciate Spring as much as we do.