Wednesday, 11 March 2009

Stir Fry, Anyone?

Albertan Provincial Flower: Wild Rose
Albertan Provincial Tree: Lodgepole Pine
Albertan Provincial Bird: Great Horned Owl
Albertan Provincial Animal: Big Horn Sheep
Albertan Provincial Mineral: Petrified Wood
Albertan Provincial Fish: Bull Trout
Albertan Provincial Grass: Rough Fescue
Albertan Provincial Gemstone: Ammolite

And now presenting... the new Albertan Provincial FUNGUS! The Leccinum Boreale. Because people in Alberta like their 'shrooms.

What's next, the Albertan Provincial Algae?

"The reason that I'm unable to support the motion is simply because there are too many other [mushrooms]. I would hate to pick one over the other." Neil Brown

Oh, well. I suppose it's good not to take yourself too seriously, although if that's the case I would have voted with Rachel Notley to choose the Puffball instead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope we didn't pick a poisonous one. Mushrooms rock! :)
Mom

Bri said...

I saw a quote someone made about the mushrooms in the 5 minute Herald, but I don't remember what it was. It was funny though.