Tuesday, 13 January 2009

Observancy Skills

It's a weird world.

I bought a lunch at school today, and since it was Vietnamese cuisine, I was attempting to (and surprisingly be fairly successful at) eating it with chopsticks. Another student, this one of Asian descent, came and sat across the table from me, with a very similar meal from the same store. He ate it with a fork.

Meanwhile, I also feel inclined to inform you that on my way to school every day, I see a sign posted on the side of a building, facing the C-train tracks. It says "Christ is the Answer". Granted, I'm only one person, and I don't know how that sign affects other people, but regardless of how happy I am to find people trying to evangelize, I can't help but think "The Answer to what?" every time I see it. I'm not sure people normally think like they're playing Jeopardy.

As an aside, yesterday some friends and I were discussing how most homeschoolers loathe group projects in university. Luckily, I have not had to experience many group projects in my post-academic career thus far. I found out this morning that is soon to change.

And I must gloat that I have learned from last semester how not to go about buying textbooks. I cut at least $200 off the cost this time around.

“You see, but you do not observe.” Sherlock Holmes

2 comments:

Bri said...

I think I've seen that Christ sign.

How did you manage to cut your books down $200?

art said...

Maybe a sign that looks like a Jeopardy board that has one square left that says "Jesus" for $600 under the "Life Change" category would be a more impacting sign. Probably violates some copyright law though.

Someone once told me that they saw someone carrying a sign that said "John 3:16". I think they commented to me that they thought it was advertising for some new television show.