Saturday, 20 December 2008

Liquidation

This is a picture of my sister and her friend in our living room. I'll stick with her original caption:

"So uh, we had to sell our furniture in order to pay for the grocery bill last week. The economy has taken its toll on our household, as well as on [sister's friend's family], so they've sold their house and moved in with us. My bedroom is being rented out so we're sleeping in the living room now. And no Christmas gifts either... as you see, we have none under the Christmas tree. If you feel any compassion..."

Off on a tangent:
“There are two types of people – those who come into a room and say, 'Well, here I am!' and those who come in and say, 'Ah, there you are.'” Frederick L. Collins

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, people, I was shampooing the carpet for heaven's sake!!!
Mom

CavDawg said...

This made me laugh.