Wednesday, 5 November 2008

Proud to Be Canadian, but...

I really would like to travel somewhere sometime. Somewhere very different from Canada. Maybe more than one place. Peru was super neat, but that only lasted a month. I'd like to leave for longer. Problem is, after traveling like that, I think I'd be forever torn between staying with friends and going to new places. What is that called, wanderlust?

Wanderlust, n. a strong, innate desire to rove or travel about.

But when am I going to do that? How could that work with school? And what would I actually do while I traveled. And how could I make it so that I'm there as a part of the culture, and not as a tourist?

Well, seeing as I don't really know if I want to go to grad school anymore, I guess there are lots of options (as long as I don't mind being dirt poor and being in debt for a while).

And I would want to go with someone. Oh my sweet, dearly hypothetical plans. Maybe I should just wait until I am hypothetically married to a sweet, dear hypothetical man and go on a several year honeymoon.

"It is a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." J. R. R. Tolkien

2 comments:

art said...

You want a several year honeymoon.... definitely a hypothetical proposition.

CavDawg said...

Two recommendations:

1. Come down to America! I mean, when I went up to Canada, I remember thinking, "Man, this is a lot like America." so you probably won't get your exotica fix, unless you're really impressed by sub-par chocolate and colourful flags that are difficult to draw. (Usually in grade school we just skip the stars entirely and draw a blue block there.)

2. Russia! Russia is cold, but I suppose it can't be much colder than Canada (what with both being such north-ish places) and it's full of Russians. This will give you your exotica fix, I promise.