Thursday, 27 November 2008

Obligatory Update

We recently discovered something else that the "low-life scumbags" took from our garage. The $20 ham from the fridge. They left us the wine. Go figure. Apparently we're not great connoisseurs.

Meanwhile, the anti-abortion display on the uni again today. We'll see what comes of that. I haven't been down to campus yet today, but apparently there is another group (I'm not sure what they're called) standing in solidarity with the pro-life club. The interesting thing is they disagree completely with the message, but, in the words of Voltaire,“I disapprove of what you say, but will defend, to the death, your right to say it.”

I've never particularly trusted newspapers, but what little trust I did have is now gone. The story I read about the protest today was badly mistaken. First off, the reporter wrote Casamay instead of Casamayor, and secondly, way more than six people stuck around after 11 a.m. Eleven o'clock is when things first started getting crowded and noisy.

I'm in the picture with the Casamayors, but my head is obscured from view by the barricade they're holding. Oh, well. I guess none of this is really about me, anyway, is it?

“I can take umbrage, I can take the cake, I can take the A-train, I can take two and call me in the morning, but I cannot take this sitting down. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna take five.” Hawkeye Pierce from M*A*S*H*

2 comments:

art said...

I read an editorial in the Calgary Herald and the Calgary Sun about the U of C attempts at censorship. Neither was complimentary of the U of C.

Calgary Herald #2

Calgary Herald #1

Calgary Sun

steph said...

i went to see the pro-life group to say Hi and give moral support

nadya said you weren't feeling too good and left class. we missed you at DG, hope you feel better in time for the Christmas parrr-tay!