Monday, 27 October 2008

Dinner Schedule

I was thinking recently that I should be very grateful to be among the few in this world who gets to eat three square meals a day. But then I realized that I actually don't.

Monday: breakfast, supper
Tuesday: breakfast, supper
Wednesday: breakfast
Thursday: breakfast, late supper
Friday: breakfast, sometimes a late supper
Saturday: breakfast, supper
Sunday: breakfast, lunch

There's some snacking throughout the day, of course, and on Sundays I guess you could say I have a snack-like supper. And I occasionally purchase a lunch on Wednesday, or at least consume a considerable number of snacks. But still. I rarely eat an official three meals a day.

Naturally, however, this is due to school and work scheduling, and not to lack of resources or poverty, so I have nothing to complain about.

"Those who forget the pasta are condemned to reheat it." Anonymous

3 comments:

art said...

Well, you don't want to get too fat anyway. Perhaps in 10 or 20 years, your food-life will return to normal. I while ago I was wondering why society has chosen three meals a day as normal. Doesn't 4 meals a day make more sense and also be healthier? ie. 8:00am, 12:00pm, 4:00pm and 8:00pm.

Carla said...

It would be hard to keep up with preparing four meals. It's strange enough to think that we need to eat even every 4-6 waking hours already. But the whole idea of supper being the "big" meal is dumb. We should consume more of the necessary energy at breakfast, so we're ready for the rest of the day, and not right before we go to sleep on it.

Kirk said...

My roommate and I pack our lunches night-before and spread them out over the day. i.e. granola bar at 10am, sandwich at 12pm, apple at 2pm. and anything else we happen to throw in gets eaten around one of those times.
I can sometimes go for some time without lunch, but not breakfast.