Wednesday, 20 August 2008

Snail Mail

A few weeks ago, one of the girls from Sunday School informed me that she was leaving to go to Israel for two weeks. I told her to write me a postcard, and she said that if I gave her my address she would. Naturally, I gave it to her, but didn't actually expect an eight-year-old to follow through with that.

Today I got her postcard in the mail. It says:

"To Carla
This is my third day here It's 9:00 in the evening. I'm haveing a great time here! Tomorrow in the morning we are going to the Medetrainian Sea! Me, Mom, [her brother], Two of my cosins, my uncle + my Aunt. We are going to sleep over night! I've gotta right more post cards. Bye!"

I love getting written notes, so this really made me smile, although I'm not sure how she was able to write it on "Mon. Aug 23", but oh, well...

This is the same girl who, against her mother's instructions, phoned the church by herself the morning of their flight out to make sure that the pastor remembered he had to drive them to the airport. What a kid! I love her.

Random quote:
"Culture is to make a nice drinking bowl from one's enemy's skull. Civilization is to go to prison for that." Anonymous

2 comments:

Rachel said...

aww. that's awesome. :D
snail mail is the best thing ever i think. so much more personal. AND who doesn't like getting things in that mail that has your name on it?! haha

Anonymous said...

I'd send you a postcard, but we would beat it home! So I'll bring you a present instead. :)
Love,
Mom