Tuesday, 20 May 2008

Very Happy

Whee! I have just been hired by my church to organize and lead the children's programs all summer - the day camps, family camps, random events, Sunday stuff, etc. And I'm excited! It'll be tough, but I'm looking forward to it. What better summer job could anyone ask for?

And since it's only about four days a week, it doesn't look like I'll have to quit Tim Horton's, which will make it easier once the school year starts up again.

And on another note, go see Prince Caspian. It rocks. And I LOVE Susan's dress with the poofy sleeves at the end. It's so pretty! Apparently it's a little different from the book, or so says my brother (I don't remember much about the book), but it's good, regardless.

My favourite line from the movie:
Edmund to Miraz: You mean, you're "bravely" refusing to fight someone half your age?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about the line that pertained directly to you? The one that commented on woman not having maps in their head or something... :)
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Yikes! How do I correct a comment? I meant to say "women", of course!!
Mom

Emily said...

Prince Caspian was a good *movie*, but like your brother says, it was a horrible, horrible adaptation. They changed a lot... Peter's character in the movie is polar opposite to his character in the book. Blah!

But I loved Susan's costume too!!

CavDawg said...

Congratulations on the job!

art said...

Welcome to the working world! You will likely be working at a job for the next, oh maybe 40 or more years. May as well get used to the idea.

I did not read the book but if it is different from the movie, maybe we need to be willing to accept the idea that the movie is actually better because it comes later and has gone through more revision.

boss said...

good work probie. don't be late tomorrow.

Aelin said...

I'm going to have to agree with emily... wonderful movie, horrible adaptation of the book. And don't tell me that the movie's better since it's newer... I still think Lewis was a genius.

I still loved the movie though, and I think that given that they made Caspian so much older (I don't understand why, but whatever), the whole angst thing between Peter and Caspian works.

If you actually care enough to see more of a rant, look at my blog.