Sunday, 30 March 2008

Sound Advice

Today in church we had a guest speaker, Ron Blue. The guy's been all over the place and knows a lot of people. I thought the message was excellent, but I mainly wish to share just one piece of it with you, which shall serve as today's quote:

"Dare I say it? Don't give until you hurt. What does the Bible say? 'God loves a cheerful giver.' So give until you're happy. If you're ever not happy, you need to give some more!"

The whole congregation laughed pretty hard at that.

4 comments:

CavDawg said...

I really like that quote.

There's a saying I've heard a lot (sufficiently that I don't know it's source) but I like it:

"If you find you're having trouble loving someone, serve them until you do."

And when I was a missionary:

"If you're not happy, you need to work harder."

Perfect advice? I dunno; maybe not. Decently effective? Sure.

Goooo one-liners!

Bri said...

Yea, Rob Blue was really easy to listen to. =)

Love your blog! Keep it up.

Kirk said...

That is quite amusing. And gives one something to think about too...

Timothy said...

I met him at a Wycliffe dinner event a few weeks ago.

I can definitely see him saying that!
Another one of the things he said that I really liked was,

"In 2 Corinthians it says that we are to be a vessel for the holy spirit. In biblical times this was taken to be something like a clay pot. And the only way we can let the light of Jesus shine through is is if we are cracked to let his light shine. So I was thinking of starting a ministry called 'Crack-pots for Christ'" ;D