Thursday, 13 March 2008

He's a Happy Shark

Seeing as how we've been discussing depth and motion perception in one of my psych classes at school, I thought this would be an appropriate addition to my blog. Hopefully you know how to look at stereograms.


It's a shark, thrashing about a bit. It looks somewhat painful.

Let's analyze this... We have apparent motion, like all animation, and binocular depth cues - convergence to be precise.

I love 3D!

And speaking of perception:
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.” Robert McCloskey

2 comments:

art said...

I found it more difficult to see the 3D animation then stills. I did eventually see it though!

Kirk said...

Hurrah! I at last saw the shark! But I had to get up pretty close to my laptop...
My sister is taking Psychology and she's always telling me similar interesting pieces of information.