Friday, 8 February 2008

Song for the Storm

For Lent, I've given up kitchen-grazing and secular music. That means that I've been listening to this song by Casting Crowns a fair bit, recently. When I was with VTI, the England team did a dance to this song, which is where I first heard it. This is the same dance and dance team, though the the people aren't all the same. As a former dancer, I'm rather critical of the dancing itself (she's obviously trained more for competition pieces than solo work), but all in all, I still like it.

If the dancing distracts you from the words, close your eyes, because it's the lyrics that make this song so powerful.



What can I say, but that I love this song?

“Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper." I Kings 19:11-12

4 comments:

Bri said...

Yea to be honest the dancing really left something to be desired for me in this song. But I love the song and I can't wait to see Refined Undignified at YQ!

Carla said...

Aw, they're at YQ? That's almost enough to make me want to go! If you talk to any of them, and they turn out to be from the England team, make sure to say hi for me!

Bri said...

I know which ones were on the England team - I met them a couple times, remember? =) I will.

Aimee said...

I've decided that this song is going to be added to my theme songs. Great song!