Wednesday, 14 November 2007

Vanessa and the Monkey

Yay! I got the first letter from my sponsor girl yesterday! Her name is Ana Vanessa Mariona Gonzalez, but she goes by Vanessa. Seven years old, and the cutest thing. She lives in El Salvador. I'm slightly confused though, because Compassion says her birthday is October 27, and she said it was February 6. And I'm pretty sure, slight though my knowledge of Spanish be, that she said she had twin uncles who were younger than her, not twin aunts, like the translator wrote.

I'll try and post a picture of her once I feel like getting off my lazy behind and walking to the scanner.

Spent yesterday at my cousin Aimee's dorm in U of C, and as a result have officially decided that my alter ego is now Super Ninja Monkey. And best of luck to you, my dear cousin, if getting those Christmas lights to stay up.

Nothing more to say. I was really just posting for the sake of posting. If I'm not struck with some lightning bolt of inspiration soon, my next post will be on Stargate, I think.

In honour of the random game we played at the dorm last night, I shall leave you with a completely random quote:

"For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." Terry Pratchett

1 comment:

Bri said...

I love getting letters from my sponsor child!!

But how come you haven't taught me any Spanish? tehe