Saturday, 30 June 2007

Off Wandering


Off wandering through exotic lands with gorgeous flora and lush greenery - the unfamiliar, sparkling, night-time constellations, making new friends, soaking up the sun... refraining from eating any raw fruit... forcing down malaria medication... sweating buckets...

The Wanderer, yours truly, shall live up to her name and go on a little adventure tomorrow. Namely, I shall head to training camp (boot camp, as my mom dubs it) for the Peru missions trip with VTI. I will be gone until mid-August, so there won't likely be any blog updates until then. But don't forget about me, and be sure to come back and check this place again come the new school year! I'm having some problems with the scant amount we're allowed to take. I have a hunch that I won't be taking many, if any, pleasure items. It's mostly a stage ministry, which means I will be... doing things on a stage. Let you know more about that when I return. Many prayers would be appreciated!

Looking forward to the trip, and looking forward to the return (for I doubtless will be homesick... or people-sick, at any rate)! Many thanks to everyone who has sponsored me!

No awesome Peruvian quotes come to mind, so I'll do the next closest thing: travel. I love Corner Gas.

Brent: Want me to fill it up?
Man: Sure. You know I've never driven across Saskatchewan before.
Brent: Well, you still haven't really. About halfway to go yet.
Man: Sure is flat.
Brent: How do you mean?
Man: You know, flat. Nothing to see.
Brent: What do you mean, like topographically? Hey Hank, this guy says Saskatchewan is flat.
Hank: How do you mean?
Brent: Topographically I guess. He says there's nothin' to see.
Hank: There's lots to see. There's nothin' to block your view.
Brent: There's lots to see. Nothin' to block your view. Like the mountains back there. They're uh... Well, what the h***? I could've sworn there was a big mountain range back there. Juttin' up into the sky all purple and majestic. I must be thinkin' of a postcard I saw or somethin'. Hey, it is kinda flat, thanks for pointin' that out.
Man: You guys always this sarcastic?
Brent: There's nothin' else to do.

P.S. Sorry I have to miss your birthday, BJ!

4 comments:

The Brother said...

HAHAHAHAHA First to comment!
I will miss you when you are on the trip. I can't believe family vacation will be without you.

P.S. How is Corner Gas related to Traveing?

Bri said...

The first shall be last. HAHAHAHAH

And to save Carla time because I know she is busy packing, I'll answer Justin's question. Corner Gas isn't related to travelling but the man in the script is travelling across Saskatchewan.

I'm sad you won't be here on my birthday but hey I'm just working anyway and you're going to have an AMAZING time on your missions trip! I'm sure training is important. ;) I'll be thinking and praying of you/for you. :) xoxo

Sandra said...

Bon Voyage, sweetie! Take lots of pictures! Love you! Will miss you!
God bless--
Mom

Art said...

Hey, when are you leaving?