Monday, 21 May 2007

Update!

Wow! Ok, so it's been a while since I updated. Sorry about that! Tomorrow I go for job training at Tim Horton's (affectionately known as Timmy's), so today is probably about the last "free" day of my life.

Going back to the whole "kids are eco-crimes" thing, I read in a magazine recently that the government is scared women in general aren't having enough babies to support the global population or economy. The theme of the article was "what will it take to make you breed?" You've got to love how the two views are the complete anti-theses of each other.

I have about a million support letters to send out so I can get money to go to Peru this summer. I'm pretty excited. I wanted to go to Malawi, but things didn't come together for that one on the part of VTI, so it's Peru instead, which, I must admit, is still really cool.

Did a major overhaul of my bedroom this week. You can actually see the floor, now. Last night we played Texas Hold 'Em with Dad. I didn't win this time, but I plan to next time around. And we watched the movie Clue, so that's what I'll quote, because I have nothing better to say:

Wadsworth: But what about your first husband? He disappeared under, shall we say, 'mysterious' circumstances.
Mrs. White: Well, that was his job. He was an illusionist.
Wadsworth: But he never reappeared.
Mrs. White: Ah - he wasn't a very good illusionist.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I like in the movie "Clue" that it's only when the body count is up to 6 that the guy suggests, "This is getting serious." :)
I also like your clean room!
Love,
Mom

Bri said...

I love watching Clue with you. :)
Don't hate Tim Horton's - it will be fun!

Peru will be amazing!
Love Lauren and Brianna