Monday, 23 April 2007

Summer Begins!

Well, not really, but it feels like it.

It's beautiful today! The sun is shining, the snow is melted, the air is still... I don't really know why I'm sitting here at my computer. I feel like pulling out one of those muskoka chairs from the shed and reading those great books I got for my grad! And maybe taking a walk. Well, that is, so long as my nose doesn't fall off. I'm fighting a cold, but the allergy medication is helping. Can you believe I can't swallow even one of those dinky little things without water?

WOO WOO WOO! (That's not really how I speak, but it makes me laugh, so there) Today was the last day of classes! It's actually sad in a way. I'm going to miss that Philosophy class with Howard. He said that our class was the best introductory level philosophy course he'd ever taught :-) Danielle and I made some cookies with pictures of chairs on them for the final day, as well as signs lobbying for the rights of chairs (long standing inside joke if you weren't already aware). Now I just have to figure out what in the world I'm doing for classes next year and start some major studying for exams!

VTI is looking into my application, so it looks like I might be going off this summer. My friend Emily is off to Israel pretty quick, and Sarah's heading to England, and Kate to Mexico, my family minus me (assuming I'm in Malawi or Peru) to Colorado... what an adventurous lot we're all being this year!

As far as careers are concerned, currently I'm thinking something along the lines of psychology, but that could be painful to get a degree in, not to mention a job, considering how secular a field it is... sigh. I just don't know what to do. Well, first things first, I guess. I still need to spend all those gift certificates I got for my birthday! Can't complain there, really.

All in all, life is good, although given the seven sociology readings I have to do before the 26th, I might be singing a different tune before long.

A quote by Bertrand Russell I thought Danielle would like: “The point of philosophy is to start with something so simple as not to seem worth stating, and to end with something so paradoxical that no one will believe it.“

And in terms of direction: "Hopelessly lost, but making good time..." :-)

God bless.

2 comments:

Bri said...

I tried leaving you a comment already but Google was having issues and it wasn't working so I hope it works now!
I don't remember what I said.
Something along the lines of:
It does feel like summer! Except for the fact that we're stuck inside doing school.
I'm glad you had fun doing philosophy and psychology sounds pretty neat.
xoxo

Art said...

Summer begins. It won't be long and you will be done your exams. Actually, you will find that it won't be long and you will be done and graduated from university as well. Then it won't be long after that and university will seem like a distant memory. Enjoy life everyday (but don't interpret that as permission to only party this summer.)