Sunday, 1 April 2007

Eighteenth!


These would be pictures of the parents, Daddy and Mommy during my eighteenth birthday and graduation on the 31st. Beneath that are the cousins: Randal, Logan, Thomas, and Jared respectively.
Then there is the beautiful Emily Ask and me, followed by Amanda and Jess. Unfortunately, there aren't any good pics of my red shoes.


EEEE! I am officially an adoolt, although my spelling remains as childish as before. The graduation and birthday celebration was awesome, although a few people unfortunately couldn't make it at the last minute because of undesirable developments in health.

Now I can officially go pub crawling, waver signing, and *gasp* - my favourite - voting! And to put your mind at ease, I don't plan to be doing any pub crawling, but only mentioned it in a hypothetical, it's-now-legal sort of way. That being said, I did receive a bottle of white wine as a gift from a friend. My grandma's expression was priceless, but I think it's kinda cool!

Several people said very nice things during the open mic time, and I got a "real" diploma from "Heinrichs Homeschooling". But thanks, Mom, for telling everyone of my failed attempts at ventriloquism! Mom also made a little "lap book" for me that' is so beautiful - and I didn't even know about it until I got there and saw it! Pretty flowers abounded, in accordance with my wishes (tulips), and the punch was really good (Thank you, Mrs. Wilkie!). I could write on and on, but I guess you probably don't want to see a full guest and/or gift list, and my writing out a full transcript just isn't going to happen... By the way, THANKS everyone, for all the gifts! Notes of gratitude shall soon be sent out.

My Grandma and some cousins came all the way out from Regina for the event - ah! I love them for it! (Actually, I love them regardless!) I am so happy that they were able to be here! Shortly before the event was to begin, Brianna grabbed some of the cousins and went out for a C-train line tour/joy-ride. They stayed out a little longer than we expected them to, so for a while it seemed like they were going to be late for the very thing that they drove all the way from Regina for! I had the foresight to stay behind and get ready. Uncle Ray noted that this was the reason "Carla is graduating and they're not". :-)

To do with life milestones:
“The Road goes ever on and on down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, and I must follow, if I can, pursuing it with eager feet, until it joins some larger way where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say.” J. R. R. Tolkien

5 comments:

Bri said...

I had everything under control... we weren't going to be late for the grad.

You looked beautiful!

Emily said...

"I don't really know Carla..."

lol, I have impeccable oratory skills, wouldn't you say?

Congrats on being 18 and graduated!! It's too bad no pics of the shoes turned out, because those things were hott!

Mom said...

The tea was fun! But I'm glad it's over!:) One down and two to go...
Yes, you did look lovely--positively glowing as Mrs. deWaal said.

Art said...

I had a good time at the party. I am glad you invited me (I think you invited me although as I think about it, I don't remember seeing my invitation...) You are a very beautiful lady.

Jared said...

we thought Brianna was going to get us lost in the mall! Then she tried to get on the wrong c-train until Randal made a witty comment that the trains on the right side of the area went the wrong way. ha ha! oh well we still made it with plenty of time to spare.

We had a great time.
we even tried to break in the the sanctuary (it was Brianna's idea)