Sunday, 8 April 2007

Easter Sunday


He is risen!

This is Mackenzie and Brayden and Jillian on Palm Sunday (last week).

I taught grade 2 Sunday School today for Sarah, because she was out dancing at another church today. It went pretty well. I love those kids (there were only five of them today). We got onto this tangent by a long string of topics: one of the girls, Naomi, said her grandma was married at 17 and had kids when she was 18, 19, 20, 22, and 23. (I think I got that right) I said that freaked me out because I was 18. Then she asked me who my boyfriend was and I said I didn't have one. She seemed quite incredulous, along with the rest, which included Brayden, who uttered an exclaimation of shock. Naomi said "Well, you should have a boyfriend by now." There was much giggling as she then proceeded to say things along the lines of "Well, you must like someone. Who do you have a crush on?" etc. etc. I changed the topic pretty quick :-) But don't worry, that was NOT the main focus of Sunday School, as we talked all about the Easter Story and why Jesus died and how He's such a good friend. And when it was over, Andrea gave me a chocolate egg. How sweet of her :-)

Some friends that we don't see a lot came over for lunch today, so that was good. We had a discussion on the Ten Commandments and the "Commandment status" of "Keep the Sabbath Day Holy".

And Lent is over!

Oh, and my passport is expired. So if I want to go a missions trip this summer, that's going to be one nightmare to get fixed before the departure date. I'm pretty bummed about that.

I can't find any good quotes relating to either boyfriends or Easter, the two most dominant topics in this post, so I'll just stick something completely random here:

“Can a mortal ask questions which God finds unanswerable? Quite easily, I should think. All nonsense questions are unanswerable.” C.S. Lewis

2 comments:

Teressa said...

hehe, I love those kids! It's funny that the grade two kids had that conversation while the grade 3&4 girls have never once talked about boyfriends etc. But that's cute! Man I love those kids!

Anyways, I thought I'd post on your blog since I've never posted before :P And now I should probably return to school! Cya later!

Carla said...

Aw, thanks, Teressa. I love getting comments! I was surprised of the gusto they began questioning me with!