Friday, 23 March 2007

World and Weather Wonders

Ok, so take a look at this site. We've all heard of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, and have probably heard that there are also Seven Wonders of the Modern World. How many of you have heard that the current seven wonders are being updated? And you get to vote it you wish! I think it's a slightly rigged, because you can vote more than once, but still. I encourage you to get your two cents in. My little pic here is from the city of Petra, which is one of the wonders you can vote for.

Eeee! Lookee the date! Only eight more days before I am officially considered an adult (it sounds more refined pronounced like a-doolt, I think)! Both my "grad" (we really have no idea when I finished grade 12) and birthday are on the 31st. I have a new summer/cocktail dress for the occasion, and we're going to go out to try to find some red shoes and a necklace or something for it. I'm getting so excited! *insert childlike happy tune here*

Dealing with current life, however, I have five writing projects assigned at the moment, but I'm only enrolled in four courses. Hmm. Go figure. But I'm laughing at the weather. Gotta love the character of Calgary's weather. Two days ago it was snowing - actually blizzarding in some places. By the afternoon it was sunny. Today - yesterday, too - you wouldn't have known it had snowed at all if it weren't for all the people musing about it.

And speaking of wonders:
Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe – the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me.” Immanuel Kant

5 comments:

Art said...

I looked over the site of the "wonders" of the world and I question the criteria people used to nominate the 21 potential candidates. The Statue of Liberty? Wasn't it just manufactured using standard manufacturing processes? What is so spectacular about that? If it is about the engineering process, then we should be including items like the chunnel, confederation bridge, or the space shuttle. If it is about significance, then what about the Magna Carta, the Bible, or the airplane? It seems incredibly random.

I think I will vote for the "warp drive" engine.

Emily said...

I'm going to see Petra in May!!!!! When I go to Israel! I'm so excited!

And I'm also excited that you will be 18! Did you get my e-mail about your grad/birthday? I hope there is good weather next weekend!

Anonymous said...

Is "snown" a word???? What are they teaching you in English?? :)
Your first English teacher,
Mom

Brianna said...

I'm teaching Mom how to use "other" instead of "anonymous". :D

Great entry! I'll make a better comment later.
xoxo

grandma said...

Love to Carla. I am looking forward to your graduation. I am looking forward to reading your whole blog.