Monday, 26 March 2007

Voice Behind Me

This is my Aunt Beatrice and Uncle Kel in Egypt. Aunt Beatrice just Skyped us today, and wished me a happy birthday (shriek - five more days!). She's so sweet and pretty! I can't wait until she comes to Canada so we can meet her.




So, in agreement with my name, "The Wanderer", I was praying and trying to figure out what I should do this summer - in particular whether I should thence on a missions trip or not. A missions trip isn't really a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants type of thing, although by and large that's how my life usually goes when it's left to me to do the planning. But I really wasn't sure about heading off this summer. I knew I wanted to, but I didn't know if it were the best course of action, or it it was, with which association I should head out, or to where. But as I was praying a verse popped into my head: "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, 'This is the way, walk in it.'" - Isaiah 30:21

And it struck me. The voice is behind, not in front. We aren't always told where to go or what to do before we do it. We will, however, be assured that this is what we're supposed to do after we've started on the path. And if it's something that we really aren't supposed to do, we'll be told then, too - if we listen.

This relates to Gregory Koukl's study on the Will of God (unfortunately, I can't find a transcript of the tape I heard it on, but there's a lot of other great stuff on that site) . There may be any number of paths in life that we can take and still be within God's Will. So long as we remain in His Moral Will, and seek wisdom in choosing our path, then what's wrong with that? Obviously, if you receive absolutely clear signs of "Yes, do this," or "No, do not," then you should listen to that. It wouldn't be wise not to. But if no such signs materialize, then relax, and just choose what you see as best. If you decide to do something against his Sovereign Will, well, it won't happen. Because it can't. So if it's within His Moral Will, and not outside His Sovereign Will (the this will happen, no ifs, ands, or buts about it Will), then just make the best decision you can and trust that God will let you know otherwise if it's not something He wants you to be doing.

I saw Rocky Mountain College Choir and Orchestra perform on Saturday with Shelly, and wow, it was awesome! Go Chris and Breanne (I heard tell that due to strained voices they may have had to lip synch the show, but shh! they rocked, anyway) and Mikayla and Leanne and Sarah! A few other acquaintances were performing, as well. They were singing songs from famous films, and there were only a few I didn't recognize. I got the Beauty and the Beast one stuck in my head, though. Pleh. :-P Pretty tune, but extremely annoying after it goes off in your head for the fiftieth time.

Sunday we handed out flyers warning people that the Church was doing a food drive on the coming Friday. Stef and I both almost tripped on the same "welcome" mat (we could sue!), and got lost, but Shelly and Steph (Yay - two Stephanies!) drove around until they found us, so everything worked out.

And now I must write an essay and progress report before tomorrow morning. I think I may have to skip out on sitting in with the Mormons today (they're coming by again). Nuts. Oh, well, priorities.

I don't agree with everything Greg Koukl says, but I definitely agree with this:
If you're searching for truth, you're a true-seeker and you're enlightened. But if you find truth then you're a bigot because you've suddenly become narrow-minded... we search for something that we are never allowed to find.”

Wow, this was a long post. Maybe I should change the above quote to Winston Churchill's "The length of this document defends it well against the risk of its being read."

Tallyho (now, I wonder the etymology of that one),
Carla

2 comments:

Rudy Wellsand said...

NICE SITE!

DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY READ "CODES" RIGHT OUT OF YOUR OWN BIBLE ABOUT "HIS WILL", that "CONTROL" your Destiny?

See the "CHOSEN"Code and "COLOR"Code; VISIT: http://quadcode.blogspot.com !

Save or Print it to study.

HAVE A MUCH MORE "BRIGHTER" FUTURE!

Bri said...

Great post!! You will have an exciting summer.

4 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xoxo