Wednesday, 7 March 2007

Mormons

Ughhh... so I started getting sick on the evening of the fifth, and was sick all yesterday. Gladly, I only threw up once, but I missed two of my college classes. We don't really know why I got sick, but I have a theory: Some Mormons came by on the fifth, and Dad and I spoke with them. At the end of their visit, they asked if we would pray about the book of Mormon. We said yes, if they would pray about Brigham Young. So I prayed that night, with as sincere a heart as I could muster, because I figured adding a flippant "and-if-the-book-of-Mormon-is-true-please-tell-me" onto the end wasn't quite holding up my end of the bargain. Then I got sick. So when the Mormons come back, I'll tell them I got my answer!

Anyway, Dad and I plan to dig a little deeper into what they believe when they come back next week. Ask them about Kolob, and "Returning to the Father" and all that. See what they have to say about it. In the meanwhile, I must get this toothbrush out of my mouth (it's been in here the entire time I've been writing this), grab my books, and get to school. Thanks for the comments on my last post, everyone! I love getting comments!

One of my favourite quotes:
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” Plato

1 comment:

Emily said...

Lol! That's horrible that you got sick, but that's actually quite funny you got sick after praying that. Coincedence? I think not!