Wednesday, 21 February 2007

On Navy SEALs and Lent

Today's the first day of Lent, and I have decided to go without candy. Including chocolate. Ah! At least I get a small reprieve in that "dessert" at least is not considered "candy". Still, though.... one doesn't realize how much candy one munches on throughout the day unless it's gone!

Yesterday I was lectured by a five-year-old on how to choose a career. She looked at me with all seriousness and told me not to worry - that it had taken her a long time to decide. It had been very hard for her, but she thought of the things she was really good at, and was going to be either an artist or a rock person (geologist). Also, she told me, I could do more than one thing. It's not bad if you have to change sometimes. It was one of the cutest things I've ever seen! Go Anjali!

As an update on my career possibilities, I watched "Tears of the Sun" with BJ yesterday, so now I'm thinking of being a Navy SEAL (Kidding, of course. I'd have to move to the States and have a sex change operation, since only men are allowed.) Oh, and guess what? I know what SEAL stands for: SEa, Air, and Land. Their drop-out rate during the training period is between 70 and 80%! Talk about high expectations - these dudes can do a hundred push-ups in two minutes and go from Sunday to Friday with only four hours of sleep!

Jessica's Murder Mystery birthday party is today - yipes! I still have to get a costume together. Talk about procrastinating! I'm "Myrna" a business lady. Also today, a lady is coming over to talk with me about school curricula and the likes I used for high school, and how that all worked, considering I never got a diploma but still got into college.

I guess that's about it for now. My quote for today pertains to Lent. It's from M*A*S*H*:
Father Mulcahy, upon seeing Klinger bowing his head in prayer: Klinger, I thought you were an atheist.
Klinger: I gave it up for Lent, Father.

All right, that's it. Tootles!
Carla

1 comment:

bri said...

Thanks for the info on the navy seals and for the funny quote! :)