Monday, 19 February 2007

Family Day

After sleeping soundly until noon, I did this, that, and nothing really of much importance until Mom called everyone down to play Rumoli. It was fun until Dad started cleaning up. Well, technically, it was still fun, but somewhat aggravating to have the winner with that smile plastered on his face add the 7-8-9 pile to his already hundred-plus pennies when all us little losers had about a grand accumulative total of probably less than fifty. On the upside, though, I found a penny from Fiji in the mix, which is of some interest to me.

We also went to Subway today, and, because it's family day, we we each got a foot-long sub (or in the words of Justin, a 'foot-linch slub'). The cashier said they accepted anything in terms of payment, so Dad wanted to pay in Monopoly money. Then Dad asked if we could pay by washing the dishes, so the cashier said some other girl beat us to it.

We may be watching a movie tonight, either The Pink Panther, Tears of the Sun, or Glory Road. I may have to forgo the experience to work on my ten page philosophy essay on methodological doubt, but I might just procrastinate a little more and work like all get out tomorrow.

My quote today has nothing to do with anything, but echoes the approximate level of conversation we've all been having with each other today - any rate, the common mood. See if you recognize where it's from: You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is 'never get involved in a land war in Asia.' But only slightly less well known is this: 'Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!' Ah ha ha ha! Ah ha ha ha! Ah ha ha ha!

4 comments:

Bri said...

Hey!
Sweet blog. *thumbs up* I can't think of anything profound to say - I have to run to work now though!
xoxo

Carolynn said...

Okay, my guess to your family day quote - Is it from the book "The Princess Bride"?

Carla said...

Well, from the movie The Princess Bride, anyway, I haven't read the book. Good guess!

Carolynn said...

Do you have the book "The Princess Bride"? I do. In my experience the book of just about any movie made about a book is far, far, far, far, far better than the movie adaptation. You must read it. If you still have a book gift certificate out there you can buy it. By the way - have you read all the books I gave you last year?