Saturday, 17 February 2007

Evangelism

Ok, so the evangelism didn't go quite like I'd hoped it would this time. The C-train station was basically empty! Mrs. Poffenroth managed to interview one guy on camera, and two girls without, but no one would talk to me. It seems most people who were up and about on a Saturday morning had a pressing reason to be up and about and couldn't spare a few minutes to talk to a couple of friendly girls with a camcorder. Brianna and Teressa came along to watch, and went out to buy us all Fruitopia! Aww... thanks, guys!

For those of you who don't know, I recently took a course called Way of the Master, which is all about the Biblical way of witnessing, and it ROCKS! We (That is to say, myself, the Poffenroths, Emily, and whoever else has the guts to do it) are putting together a video of witnessing encounters for the church. Hopefully I'll post it here when our camera whiz, Emily, puts it all together, but that won't be for several weeks yet, because we don't have all the footage yet.

My quote for the day is by Charles Spurgeon: If sinners will be damned, at least let them leap to hell over our bodies. And if they wil perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees, imploring them to stay. If hell must be filled, at least let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go there unwarned and unprayed for.

Check out the "Good Person Quiz" I posted a link to on the right.
Yes, I'm passionate! I'm generally an all or nothing girl - and in this case, I'm just a givin' it!

But on another note, cause I do have others interests in life, Dad helped me stick up some wavy mirrors in my bedroom, so now the decor's starting to look like I want it to!

Thanks Dad and Auntie Carolynn for commenting - I'll post a reply with a comment of my own.

Ciao for now,
Carla

3 comments:

JP said...

Y0 Y0 Y0. Sup Carla. Wait I read it in your blog. Oops. Anyways, I am the
first comment! Yahoo. Yaar! Hehe my name is Roary and I have taken over the computer and JP is tied up tight now. Anyway, nice blog. Fun Fact:
On Corner Gas they told Hank to make
a blog so he wouldn't have to speak to them and then they did that to Brent. (You probably knew that but oh well.) Make sure you make another blog so I can read that one to and post first as well.

Carla said...

Bad Roary! Let my brother go!

Carolynn said...

This is to jp. This is clm. You may be the first blog comment on this day's blog but I hate to burst your bubble. I made a comment (see "the commencement" on Feb 17th at 5:47 AM. You'll have to get up very early to beat me!